mulling the idea of a Infrastructure Security FAD (fedora activity day)

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 02:09:26 UTC 2012

On 12 June 2012 17:03, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I've been toying with the idea of a Fedora Infrastructure FAD (Fedora
> Activity Day) around getting our security tasks further along/mapped
> out, or just done. We can do all these things remotely, but sitting
> down with less distractions and getting things done or deciding on
> roadmaps may work faster/better in person.
>
> More information on FAD's:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Activity_Day_-_FAD
>
> Some possible Goals:
>
> * Put in place our 2 factor authentication solution.
>        - Enable globally for sudo.
>        - Come up with plan/roadmap for applications 2 factor
>          authentication.
>        - enable more 2nd factors if we only have one working.
>          (yubikey, google authenticator, others?)

I think this would be a good focus. We are looking at a 2 day
work-fest (meaning many people would be block out 4 days (2 to travel,
2 to work)) and I think that would take up most of that 2 days. The
next primary focus would be mapping what we have and how they talk to
each other. Getting to know what is around and how it talks to
everything is a time consuming task but once it is done, it makes
figuring out what is left out in the wind, what we care about and what
we don't much easier.