Freeze break request: add branched f17 to boot.fedoraproject.org

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Mar 5 16:42:58 UTC 2012

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:20:03 +0200
Marko Myllynen <myllynen at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> >> Basically all what's needed is to have a system with the needed
> >> tools to build the iPXE images (adjust the embedded image as
> >> needed):
> >>
> >> yum install git make gcc perl syslinux genisoimage
> >> git clone git://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git ipxe.git
> >> cd ipxe.git/src
> >> make EMBEDDED_IMAGE=bfo.gpxe bin/ipxe.iso
> >> make EMBEDDED_IMAGE=bfo.gpxe bin/ipxe.usb
> >> make EMBEDDED_IMAGE=bfo.gpxe bin/ipxe.dsk
> >> make EMBEDDED_IMAGE=bfo.gpxe bin/ipxe.lkrn
> >
> > I tried this and got:
> >
> > make: *** No rule to make target `bin/ipxe.iso'.  Stop.
> >
> > basically it doesn't seem they understand a EMBEDDED_IMAGE option.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> well, forgive me asking, but are you sure you were in the right
> directory when you tried to build?-)

I hope so. I was in my ipxe.git/src/ dir.

> FOO=bar defines a variable FOO for the build and the error you got
> was about the missing definition of the actual target, bin/ipxe.iso.

Right. What I get is:

...bunch of compile...
  [BUILD] bin/rc80211.o
  [BUILD] bin/sec80211.o
  [BUILD] bin/wep.o
  [BUILD] bin/wpa_psk.o
  [BUILD] bin/wpa_tkip.o
  [BUILD] bin/script.o
  [BUILD] bin/elf.o
  [BUILD] bin/efi_image.o
  [BUILD] bin/segment.o
make: *** No rule to make target `bfo.gpxe', needed by
`bin/embedded.o'.  Stop.