Moving darkserver to a staging instance

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Mar 13 22:42:23 UTC 2012

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 00:34:29 +0530
Kushal Das <kushaldas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am ready to move darkserver to a staging instance. The test instance
> is working smoothly.
> RFR for the same can be found at [1].
>
> The service does not require any other Fedora service to be up. It can
> use normal apache level caching.
>
> [1] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/3054

So, from my discussions with you on IRC, I think:

We setup a single instance for this.
We put it behind our proxy servers to allow for some caching at a local
area level.

Do we need any SOP's for this service? Is there any administration that
we might need to run on it day to day or in case of power outage, etc?

What kind of db does this instance use? Mysql? Postgres?

What kind of communication needs to happen between this and the koji
plugin? We may run into some issues here as we have a seperate builder
network that koji is on... so we will need to figure out how to get
them to communicate.

Thats all I can think of... I can make you a staging instance soon...