GSoC idea to setup Gitlab for Fedora Hosted, looking for mentors

Stas Sușcov stas at nerd.ro
Mon Mar 19 21:42:59 UTC 2012

Hi,
I'm not sure I'm allowed to write to this list for GSoC questions,
but it looks like most of the people interested in this application can be
found only here, so I took a chance.

I'm a student from Romania, looking to hack some Ruby code during this
summer
and I found Fedora as one of the not so many organizations offering this
opportunity.

I read the whole thread, and I found suggestions and conditions you need
 from a student, pleasant for myself.

I know Ruby (among other programming languages) and I know sysadmining.
Previously I had 2 successful GSoC editions with WordPress Foundation,
and my first year project latest commit dates March 14th, this year.

The only problem I can for-see, is that I had and still maintain deep
involvement in Ubuntu community (I'm the infrastructure admin for
ubuntu-ro).
I don't know if this is an issue or not, but I really hope this wont
affect in any way our relationship (here in Romania, we do Barcamps every
year with fedora-ro, with beer, hiking and lots of pics, thx to @nicubunu
http://camp.softwareliber.ro/2011/poze ). :)

If all this stuff sounds interesting, I would be happy to present a draft
on how we could solve FedoraHosted transition to Gitlab, and ensure its
well maintained from now on.

Lately I started to hang on #fedora-summer-coding|#jbosstesting at freenode,
but I'm not sure whom I should query.
I can't see Dan either online.

I also have a Github account: https://github.com/stas
and a resume: http://stas.github.com/resume.html

Thanks in advance for reading this, and I'm looking forward for your reply.

P.S.: I will also be ok if you would like to find a fedora guy for this
project, if so, just let me know, I won't mind. Seriously!