Request

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Mar 30 21:30:56 UTC 2012

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:10:52 -0600
"Jeffrey S. Haemer" <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a Fedora apprentice, interested in Puppet.
>
> I've been looking through the puppet repo on lockbox01 to try to learn
> what's there.  I've been looking through them on lockbox01 itself.
>
> I think it would be useful to try running puppet-lint on a module or
> two. It seems like it would be easiest to do this on my own machine,
> since that way I wouldn't have to persuade someone else to install
> puppet-lint and its transitive dependencies on an official, Fedora
> resource.
>
> So, here are my questions:
>
> (1) Would it be okay if I downloaded a single module from the repo?

I suppose it would be, but you don't need the entire git history right?
Just the current files? I'm pretty sure our head revision is ok and
doesn't contain much sensitive.

> (2) Could someone suggest a particularly "typical" repo to play with?
>
> Even better would be three -- one very simple, one typical, and one
> complex -- but I'd be perfectly content to start with one.

Well, for complex our httpd module has often been messy seeming to me.
The glusterfs one I added recently might be middling complex. It
doesn't have much in it, but it uses templates and some other things.
Something like askbot would be a simple one I think.

I'm interested to hear what puppet lint says about our stuff. ;)