Proposal: *.fudcon.fedoraproject.org subdomains for FUDCons

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Wed May 2 20:24:10 UTC 2012

FUDCon organizers may wish to use their own application (hosted
anywhere, such as OpenShift) to handle registrations or BarCamp
scheduling for FUDCons.

There is currently some sort of application on fudcon.fedoraproject.org
that handles registrations and other things (there's currently a
discussion on that on various lists).

My proposal is as follows:
- At the request of the event organizers for an approved FUDCon, a
  domain name such as lawrence2013.fudcon.fedoraproject.org is created.
- This domain can point to anywhere (for example, an OpenShift
  application, or a VPS).
- The first part of the domain name will be the city name where the
  FUDCon is hosted followed by the year (for example, blacksburg2012,
  kualalumpur2012, lawrence2013).

At this point I'm only proposing that we do DNS services.

Questions, comments, flames?

--
Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>