Freeze break: update boot.fedoraproject.org to latest ipxe

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri May 11 20:36:02 UTC 2012

On Fri, 11 May 2012 12:27:08 -0700
Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds okay to me.  Probably should have some release criteria for
> boot.fp.o sometime in the future.

Yeah, it might well happen at some point, but it's just not been on the
radar.

> One question I have is how this affects people who have already
> downloaded a bfo.* and are using that for their upgrades.  That
> should continue to work unless the mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/* files
> go away, correct?  Do we want to announce the change in official file
> location so that people are warned?

Correct. it should keep working as long as those files are there.

I think we should make this change, and then setup a sunset for say a
year from now where we announce then retire the old files. That leaves
lots of time for folks to pick up the new ipxe binaries.

We could perhaps even redirect the old ones to a page asking them to
redownload the new binaries.