tagger inodes and beaker

Brennan Ashton bashton at brennanashton.com
Sat May 19 19:58:59 UTC 2012

So today my email was flooded by tracebacks from tagger via fedora community.
Suggesting that no disk space was left on  packages01.phx2.fedoraproject.org

OSError: [Errno 28] No space left on device:
'/var/cache/fedoratagger/cache/sessions/container_file_lock/d/d9/d9132d5318c4be5a878b6a1bd31b77c320649f82.lock'

nirik did a little looking and found that there was space, but no
inodes were left. Tagger has created an enormous amount of files in
/var/cache/fedoratagger/cache/sessions/

I looked at the tagger code quickly and it seems that for anonymous
voting sessions are saved. [1]

However as far as I am aware unless you use session.delete()  the
session stays around forever on the backend. [2]

nirik purged the cache so there should be enough inodes, but we need
to figure out some way to clean the cache as that filled up quite
quickly.
We might also want to look and see if any other apps using beaker are
not cleaning up their cache.

[1] https://github.com/ralphbean/fedora-tagger/commit/78f48fe97da5bcfadea54e50f14c17a982b3e843
[2] http://beaker.readthedocs.org/en/latest/sessions.html#removing-expired-old-sessions

Thanks,