Freeze break request: Update python-bugzilla on fas*, bapp01, app*

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon May 21 16:38:14 UTC 2012

After the bugzilla upgrade this weekend a few things we run related to
bugzilla are having issues:

1) on fas01, the script that sets fedorabugs and fedora_contrib on users
in those fedora groups isn't working.

2) on bapp01, the cron job that gathers easyfix bugzilla bugs is not
working.

3) pkgdb, which runs on app servers isnt' able to handle adding new
packages. (we aren't sure what the error here is, but is likely bz
related).

I have taken a snapshot of python-bugzilla and built a package of it.
Changes:
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=python-bugzilla.git
Scratch build:
(This is just a git head checkout build)

1) I have tested on fas01.stg the script that sets permissions
against partner-bugzilla.redhat.com and the updated python-bugzilla. It
no longer errors and completes normally.

2) gather easyfix needs more changes and is not fixed by
python-bugzilla update. Look for fix after this email from pingou.

3) We aren't sure the new python-bugzilla will fix the pkgdb adding
packages issue, but should get us closer to a fix.

I would like to add the new python-bugzilla to our infrastructure repo
(for now until there's an official one in epel) and update fas*,
bapp01, and app*. In the event of failure, we can downgrade back to the
previous version with a yum downgrade.

+1s?