Questions regarding Koji, fedpkg and SCM

Jeremy Davis jdavis4102 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 23:05:40 UTC 2012

Hello List,

I hope I picked the correct mailing list to ask these types of questions.

In my environment we are trying to setup a koji build system using the same
structure that you all use for the Fedora project. This involves using
fedpkg (modified for our environment) to import the SRPM into the SCM and
then tell koji to build. We have everything working with our environment
but have to do a couple of things manually. Mainly the SCM creation and
adding a tag for the package in koji before the user is allow to add their
srpm to the SCM and build with koji (get the error that it can't tag if a
tag is not created before hand). Once we create the SCM and add the tag
into Koji everything works as it should based on the documentation I have
read.

My question is this. Do you by chance have any tools that automate the SCM
creation and koji tag adding? Is this how you all manage packages in
Fedora? Do you have to manually create SCM and koji tags when a user wants
to add a new package to Fedora? Any assistance you could provide would be
greatly appreciated.

Note: This is for an internal package build system for my company and will
only be used as such. I am willing to share what I have done as the fedpkg
will also be used to push the packages into our Spacewalk environment and
also push those packages to systems within Spacewalk (with some custom code
that I am adding to fedpkg and renaming that command to fit into our naming
convention).

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Regards,
Jeremy