Fedora Account Change

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 29 21:45:40 UTC 2012

Kevin Fenzi <kevin at ...> writes:

> I think adding a 'security question(s)' feature would be great.
>
> I would strongly suggest however that the questions and answers be free
> form. There's little security in canned security questions that have
> answers people can find out. ie, 'What was your high school?'

I just use a password manager and if a site forces me to answer "security"
questions, I put them in the Notes section using strong random passwords for the
answers. For example

What was your high school? 48ZGrNaDQR75

I think the security questions should be optional in any case to save the
trouble of having to make and store several strong random passwords rather than
just one.