Fedorapeople repos and koji build

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed May 30 23:08:08 UTC 2012

On Tue, 29 May 2012 10:41:45 +0200
jonathan <bioinfornatics at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear,
> I wold like to put a little feature request: link Fedorapeople repos
> and koji system. Often i do:
> - koji scratch build (uploading srpm + build
> - once time build successfully ended downloading generated rpm
> - uploading rpm to Fedorapeople repos
>
> i will be really good by example to put koji scratch build in a
> special directory and when you are connected to your fedorapeople
> account just use cp . I have a do package for 0ad and this package
> take ~ 1Go, that take too many times: upload, build, downlaod,
> upload ...

Yeah, there's a lot of things related to this going on, but nothing
really setup yet.

Fedora people is actually in a completely different datacenter than
koji and it's storage is, but I agree it might be nice to have a way to
have one side pull the rpms over so you don't have to pull them down
then push them back up.

(You can of course do this manually right now by sshing to fedorapeople
and using wget there against:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/scratch/<yourfasaccount>/task_NNNNNN
where yourfasaccount is your fas account and NNNNNN is the scratch
build task number).

We have been talking about allowing mockchain builds of things against
our private cloud instance (which doesn't yet exist). This might be a
good tie into that. Thanks for the suggestions.