Introduction Fedocal

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 20:46:54 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-09-17 at 19:27 +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Fedocal is a web-application aiming at providing a central place for
>> Fedora calendar related data.
>> My first thoughts while doing this was the #fedora-meeting{,-1,-2} IRC
>> channels, but I do think it could work as well for any other calendar
>> related information (releases?, infra?).
>
> We have deployed a test instance of fedocal at:
> https://209.132.184.101/fedocal/
>
> It is configured at the moment so that every one that has signed the CLA
> can add calendars/meetings, but by default you will need to be CLA+1 (in
> one more group than just the CLA group).
>
> Comments/Suggestions/Contributions are always welcome :)
>
> Regards,
> Pierre

Very nice, Pierre!

I guess I missed the September announcement of it. I've been wanting
something nice like this for sometime. I'll be happy to help test it
as needed, so add me to whatever list will allow me to help.

As for features, I think the iCal/caldav stuff is uber important. I
want to be able to import it into whatever calendaring system I'm
using and be able to add/remove them from my own interface (assuming I
have rights). I think this is more important even than the interface
that you already have working in that most people are already
comfortable with their own calendaring, be it google calendar,
iCalendar from Apple, Lotus Notes, etc. Integration in calendaring is
the most challenging but useful part. I know that's a longer term goal
and I think I can work with two calendars for the short term, but
without a way to push/pull events between calendars, I don't see it
working long term for me.

Thanks again for putting this together and I look forward to watching
the featureset grow and help where I can.

Cheers,

Clint (irc:herlo)