Continuous integration on fedora

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Oct 11 20:09:02 UTC 2012

On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 17:44:38 -0600
Tom Prince <buildbot at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> (I was pointed at this thread from #fedora-admin)
>
> I run the automated testing infracstructure for the twisted project
> (http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/), and I'm looking for a fedora
> buildslave or two (also rhel).  We did have one, but the admin is not
> responsive, so it isn't currently working, and are looking for a
> replacement.
>
> We are using buildbot (http:/buildbot.net/) as our CI server (of
> which I happen to be one of the core developers).
>
> I understand that this is something that fedora-infastructure is
> considering hosting, and wanted to express my interest (as well as
> enquire about possilbe timelines).

We talked about this some at the meeting today.

We are going to setup some buildbot clients in the euca cloud soon and
let them help us test our cloud out. ;)

Some things to keep in mind:

- This doesn't mean we are going to provide instances for anyone. It's
  case by case.

- We don't make any promises at all on uptime, availability, continued
  existance. The cloud may need rebooting or re-installing and thus the
  instances may get re-installed.

We will try of course to minimize problems...