Review Requests for moksha (fedmsg)

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 12:49:45 UTC 2012

fedmsg was pulling in way too many dependencies, including (almost) a
whole web stack.  None of it was even being used.  All of it came from
moksha which grew as an all-in-one, batteries-included framework.

I split moksha upstream into three separate namespace packages to
solve the problem.  Now they're up for package review.  If anyone is
free to lend a review, it'd be much appreciated.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=854605&hide_resolved=1

Some notes:

The package "moksha" will still exist, but now as a kind of
meta-package that just included the other three.  Its subpackages like
moksha-server (httpd) and moksha-doc (sphinx) will continue to exist
as well.

My changes will break most projects that use moksha until they can be
patched to use the new namespace.  For us, this includes:

 - The packages webapp
 - fedmsg
 - busmon

I've already prepared and tested commits to the development trees of
all three projects that work with the new moksha.

-threebean