Security fad scheduling

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Sep 12 17:37:52 UTC 2012

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 12:57:14 -0600
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 September 2012 12:32, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> > So, our security FAD as it's currently scheduled is in Fedora 18
> > release week. ;)
> >
> > Please see:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_Infrastructure_Security_2012
> >
> > Now it may be that we slip a bit more for F18, and if so, it would
> > mean that the FAD is in final freeze (unless we slip more than 2
> > more weeks). Doing the auth changes and other things we would like
> > to do at the FAD might be anoying when trying to keep things stable
> > for final release.
> >
> > So, I'd like to ask folks who are thinking of attending, would:
> >
> > 2012-11-05 to 2012-11-08
> >
> > work as alternate dates? That would put us before final freeze, and
> > unless Beta slipped 2 or more weeks we would be out of freeze.
>
> I honestly am going to bet on Alpha slipping one more week and Beta
> slipping 1-2.  This is going to be one of THOSE releases and we might
> as well decide we are going to do the FAD during a freeze or schedule
> it after the release.

Optimist! :)

so, since no one replied that the above dates would work as well as or
better than the others, I guess we should just suck it up and stuck to
the end of nov dates.

If we are in freeze then, then we are and we either use staging for all
our setup and testing (which we probibly want to do anyhow), and/or get
freeze breaks to implement parts of it as needed.

I guess thats the best way forward.

If everyone who wishes to attend could make sure that their cost info
is updated that would assist me in gathering up costs and such. Please
do so asap.