A small step towards for solving Ticket 1084

vipin kumar vipinkumar41 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 17:57:47 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 21:44:19 +0530
> vipin kumar <vipinkumar41 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Team,
> > The page is almost ready for reviews and feedback. Please have a look
> > at following page and provide feedback.
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Vipin
>
> Awesome. :)
>
> Just a few minor nitpicks:
>
> - I'd just say we should remove any mention of pix firewalls or nat in
>   the diagrams. In phx2 we are behind a firewall setup, but all our
>   other sites are just directly on the net, and we don't control or
>   have any knowledge of the phx2 firewall stuff anyhow. ;)

fixed. its just "Firewall" now at one place and removed second one from fig.

> - Might make the vpn lines bi directional. For app servers and such
>   data travels back and forth both ways over the vpn for requests.

point noted....done

> - "Authorization can be done at Proxy Server though it should be done at
>   application level for security reasons" Depending on what auth you
>   mean here, it should always be done at the application level... when
>   someone logs into FAS it is a request: proxy->fasserver and then they
>   have a cookie that lasts for X minutes to authenticate against the
>   various FAS using applications. Nothing should really auth on the
>   proxy directly that I can think of...

this information I just copied from old fig and moved to
description......removed it from description and flow chart updated.

> - For the 'data layer' in the last diagram, might note that that is
>   mostly database servers. I guess in the case of the wiki it's also
>   nfs storage (for attachements).

 Fig just mentioned "data layer" but no information about it like "proxy
layer" cloud in that fig......updated fig....done! I guess :)

thanks & regards,

> Overall this looks great!
>
> Thanks again for working on it.
>
> kevin