Interested in Gitlab for Fedora Hosted Projects | GSoC 2013

Fri Apr 12 03:25:06 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 1:53 AM, Ankur <ankurgel at gmail.com> wrote:
> This project interested me a lot and if we managed to set it, as purposed,
> lot of developers can stick to this server instead of migrating to Github
> for their projects and collaboration.
>
> I would like to get more inputs regarding what is expected from this project
> in depth. :)

The ideas page <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_coding_ideas_for_2013#Setup_Gitlab_as_a_front_end_for_Fedora_Hosted_git_repositories>
provides a link to Dan's original email and, the underlying part is to
build foundations for "social coding". And, as it is mentioned, the
GSoC deployment may provide the minimum viable installation but it
sets the basis for a long term involvement.

I'd recommend that you read up on how the current git-based
infrastructure works (for Fedora) and, also try out installation and
setting up of Gitlab over a set of mock (but populated) repos.

Of course, Dan and other mentors would be able to provide you with
much specific work items to chase down.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>