Idea for a webapp: "Fedora Oculum"

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Mon Apr 22 15:38:00 UTC 2013

I started a new webapp over the weekend and Seth helped me get it set
up on a cloud node this morning at http://209.132.184.189/

The idea is that you'll be able to click through the user's avatars to
their profile page at, for instance, http://209.132.184.189/pingou.

The charts from their page are embeddable, so we can use it like
gravatar.com.  Pierre could embed
http://209.132.184.189/pingou/radar/?style=dark_solarized on his wiki
page or personal site.

It would need lots of cleaning work:

  - The charts' data gets swamped out by the mass branch.  Some
    math.log can help take care of that.
  - The 'dots' chart needs a 'widescreen' aspect ratio.  Not yet sure
    how to do that.
  - It would be cool to be able to click on the dots from the dot
    chart and be taken to a page listing the actual events of that
    day.
  - It needs good end-user docs.
  - I need to figure out the click through for that front page.
  - Packaging and more..

I think its neat but I'm looking for feedback.  Is this an idea I should
pursue?  Is it something we want?

The source is at http://github.com/ralphbean/oculum for now.

-Ralph