Moving the blocker tracking app to stable

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Apr 24 20:11:00 UTC 2013

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 11:06:47 -0600
Tim Flink <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:

> The blocker tracking app [1] has been in staging [2] for a while now
> and I'd like to move it to production so that we can start proposing
> blocker and fe bugs via the web interface instead of assuming that
> everyone understands how the blocker/fe process works.
>
> I'd like to get that started this week, are there any objections to
> doing so?

Not too much, but 2 things:

a) we should see if we can have it run fine in selinux enforcing mode.
If possible, we should deploy it enforcing.

b) we need to add some nagios checks for the production instances. What
would be a good thing to check from the web to confirm that it's
answering and the db is good, it's updating, etc? Some applications
have a special /heartbeat/ url that outputs info, or we could just
scrape it from existing pages.

Otherwise I think we are all in pretty good shape.