FAS password on 3rd party pages?

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Thu Apr 25 13:04:53 UTC 2013

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:07:25 +0200
Vít Ondruch <vondruch at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Since you want to push Fedocal and Blocker tracking into production,
> would you mind to change you login forms, that I don't have to enter
> my FAS password into your application dialog boxes? Although I
> understand that they are Fedora's application, hosted on Fedora's
> infrastructure, etc. , I don't feel comfortable to enter my FAS
> password into various applications, which I consider 3rd party from
> this perspective.

Similar to fedocal, we're planning to migrate blockerbugs over to openid
before F20 but that's a non-trivial change and I imagine that you'd
still be concerned about our use of bugzilla passwords even if we were
using openid.

On the bright side, the only thing that the blockerbugs app uses the
password for is to propose blocker/fe bugs and that can still be done
manually in bugzilla.

Out of curiosity, what do you consider to be FAS password-using apps
which are not 3rd party?

Tim