[Ask Fedora] Adding social website info and "interesting tags"

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 08:08:19 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

I've enabled two new things on the Ask Fedora staging instance[1].

One of them is the "Interesting tags" setting which we didn't have
enabled. This lets you add tags and then quickly filter the page by
them. I think this is a good addition and will let folks look for
questions quicker. It'll help folks understand the importance of tags.
What do you folks think? Should I enable this on production too?

The other is the addition of a twitter and google plus follow button in
the right side bar. I'm still trying to figure out how to add one for
Facebook. I thought I'd put a twitter time line widget, but it makes the
page *really* crowded.  What do you think about this? Is this an
addition worth making? The complete code to the right side bar additions
is here:

http://fpaste.org/30994/35552137/

The third is the "Short links". I've moved them to the left side bar.
The right is already quite crowded. They don't look very good on the
left side bar. Should I just ask a question and mark it sticky instead?
I also need to work on their regex. (It's too general at the moment)

http://fpaste.org/30992/13760350/

http://tinyurl.com/askfedora-sticky

If you haven't noticed yet, I set a favicon that Kevin (shaiton) made
for us. Looks great!

I was thinking of getting rid of the "Announcement" section. I don't
think any one pays attention to it any way.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Join Fedora! Come talk to us!