Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Steven Pepperell

Steven Pepperell zen42 at linux.com
Tue Aug 20 12:38:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

My name's Steven Pepperell. Im looking to join Fedora infrastructure
to help out. I'm a unix/Linux systems admin in Glasgow, Scotland (so
GMT), I’ve been a sys admin for 8 years. I work mainly with RHEL5/6,
monitoring using nagios and scripting with bash and python.

I'm joining to get experience of new software and methods and while I
know it’s a cliché to give back to Fedora which I’ve used for many
many years.

I would like to get involved in anything infrastructure design related
as my aspiration is to become a technical architect. However I imagine
this kind of work needs to be earned first I would like to suggest I
start off doing smaller tasks to get the lay of the land, I’ll have a
look though the ticket list tonight.

I can guarantee 2-4 hours a week but there will be times when this
will be less and sometimes more.
My IRC handle will be Zen42, I’ll be around in the next infrastructure
meeting. See you all then.

Cheers

Steven