Freeze Break Request: Nightly GNOME Backups

Andrea Veri averi at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 12 23:12:50 UTC 2013

2013/12/13 Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

> On 12 December 2013 15:59, Andrea Veri <averi at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> as we discussed earlier today in #fedora-noc, the GNOME Project is
>> currently not having a backup plan in place and the Fedora Infrastructure
>> Team (thanks Kevin and Stephen) is willing to host our backups on one of
>> the backups nodes. (backup03)
>>
>> Given no backups are being taken since more than 10 days I'm hereby
>> asking to receive a freeze break to finally set up a nightly rsync run from
>> backup03 into each of the GNOME servers to back them up ASAP.
>>
>> Ansible patch: http://averi.fedorapeople.org/freeze-break.patch
>> Backup script: http://averi.fedorapeople.org/backup.sh
>>

> Just to be clear... backup.sh runs on the clients, the backup server, or a
> system in between? Could you add that to the script and I would be happy to
> +1.

As the ansible patch at [1] points out backup.sh will run FROM backup03 TO
the various GNOME boxes on the set. (there's two set of machines, one being
the ones with a public IP and the others being the IP-less ones that will
forward their agent through bastion.gnome.org)

Adding a comment on the script right now, thanks for pointing this out.

[1] http://averi.fedorapeople.org/freeze-break.patch

--
Cheers,

Andrea