https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages broken again?

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Thu Dec 19 19:33:35 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 12:17:16PM -0700, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Ralph Bean <rbean at redhat.com> wrote:
> > It should be back now
>
> While you're messing around with it...is the sources tab supposed to work?

Yeah, there's a thousand of these little things :(  This particular
one is on my list for after the holidays.  I added a new nagios check
as of a week or so ago that checks for this functionality
specifically.

> The request it does has always returned a 500 for me.  :-(

Its working for me right now, but it goes out
intermittently/frequently:

https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/v8/sources/spec/

The issue is that an rpmdb gets corrupted somehow.  I *think* its due
to a race condition between the webapp, a cron job, and a cache
warming daemon.  We likely just need to introduce some locking in
those places to get it to stop.

Right now, if the cron job detects that the rpmdb is corrupt, it
rebuilds it and that sets it to working again until the next time it
melts down.