building cloud images and infrastructure...

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Feb 1 18:42:32 UTC 2013

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 12:34:46 -0500
Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Miloslav asks if y'all are okay with the infrastructure changes (koji
> updates, current need for bare metal builders) required for the First
> Class Cloud Images feature
> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FirstClassCloudImages)
>
> So, I thought I'd check...

With my infrastructure hat on, we are mostly happy to try and maintain
anything that rel-eng needs us to. ;)

If these builds are being done on builders that should be fine cpu/etc
wise I would think. Disk space wise we are pretty low right now, but we
are expecting to move to larger storage next month or the month after,
so we should be in better shape then.

Is it expected that the images will be in the 'main' mirroring space
for alpha/beta/final? or just in alt?

Scratch builds only stay around for a week or two, and we can adjust
that if need be.

So, in short I don't see too much problem from our side, as long as the
rel-eng side of things is happy with the changes to koji, etc.