ansible musings...

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 22 16:39:56 UTC 2013

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013, Xavier Lamien wrote:

> How about a dedicated branch for staging where we can merge it into master when ready (just like puppet's)
> Also, I think git flow coud be a good candidate here to work on a specific 'role' or such.
> ie, you have staging branch in sync with master, you git flow config start mm_proxy_update, do your cooking, then
> publish your mm_proxy_update branch, then ansible it for testing. If everything went well, you merge your branch into staging/master
> depending of the purpose.

1. we do not have a stagin branch in puppet anymore. Haven't for a good
long while

2. I do not think we should do a separate branch like that, at all. I
think it makes things hairier than they should be.

3. If we're going to implement staging I think it should be like how
puppet is NOW - we duplicate the modules and work on them in there. I know
it is not 'the git way' but I think it makes it easier to know where you
stand at any given moment and to be sure you are getting the playbooks you
expect.

-sv