Cleaning up tags in askfedora

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 12:36:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

I found this post on askbot that detail some management commands to
clean up tags[1].

I was thinking of running some of these as cron jobs also. What do you
folks think?

Query: does the application need to be shut down before these management
commands are run? If it does, we can maybe run it once a fortnight or
something?

I was thinking we'd first convert common tags to "standard" tags:
gnome-3 to gnome3, #fedora18 to fedora18 etc. and then get rid of unused
tags. This will reduce the clutter in the tag cloud to start with. It'll
also show correct tags in the lists and hopefully reduce further
clutter.

[1]
http://askbot.org/en/question/2673/is-there-a-way-to-purge-unused-tags-from-the-db/
--