el5 package install

Joe Saunders joesaunders88 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 14:18:49 UTC 2013

Hello Kevin,

Sorry for the late reply. I researched packages from rpm.pbone.net,
rpmfind, and looked at source itself on sourceforge. Before all of that I
tried just getting what I would need from yum based on the repos available
to my install but only the fuse packages were there. This is current
patched Red Hat 5.8 machine. The package below is from rpmfind I believe.

I was reading this on redhat.access about rpm and nogpg and the md5 stuff.
MD5 did check out.

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/3/html/System_Administration_Guide/s1-check-rpm-sig.html

This is what happens when I do
# rpm -Kv fuse-sshfs-2.4-1.el5.x86_64.rpm
fuse-sshfs-2.4-1.el5.x86_64.rpm:
    Header V4 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 217521f6
    Header SHA1 digest: OK (f0aa1cd352a8d030d26c59ac591b549637d7e5ee)
    MD5 digest: OK (d586361e35197f7c4121da13b6439dcd)
    V4 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 217521f6

So I am confused. MD5 and SHA are ok, but it complains about the gpg key.
Yet all of the guides I have read so far and have pointed me in a certain
direction to obtain a key have not worked out.

I guess my true question(s) is if if two out of three check out the package
is legit and my only fail is I do not have a valid gpg to check against?
Also where to obtain the key, really? I have hit too many dead ends so far.

Thanks,
Joe

Thanks,
Joe