fedmsg notifications

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 22:08:41 UTC 2013

I would want to be able to query the system for a status. I kind of
think of the life cycle of a package. So I would want to ask fedmsg to
tell me about pkg a and what is it's current status. I might get
something back like:

2013-01-21 11:01:34 pkg-0.31-1 submitted to dist-git
2013-01-21 14:23:44 pkg-0.31-1 submitted for build on builda.fp.o
2013-01-21 14:27:00 pkg-0.31-1.src.rpm build complete
2013-01-21 14:27:45 pkg-0.31-1.fc18.x86_64 submitted on buildb.fp.o
2013-01-21 14:27:48 pkg-0.31-1.fc18.i686 submitted on buildc.fp.o
---End of History---

Clearly, there could be more to it, like bodhi approvals and statuses
too. I just think it'd be cool to see the history in one place. If the
status changes, I might want to know about it. Or I might want a
summary of the entire process from start to finish. Maybe it would be
good to make it possible for someone to define a set of data they want
to know and aggregate that report into a db. Once it hits the end
state have it sent along to the requestor.

I'm sure others have more/better thoughts on this, but I think these
would be useful to me in terms of packaging.

Cheers,

herlo