Where to keep the badges repo?

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Mon Jun 17 17:45:09 UTC 2013

I spent some time last week learning ansible and setting up the new
badges-backend01.stg.  There's a daemon that runs there that reads in
a number of yaml files.  Each one defines a badge and a set of rules
that must pass for the badge to be automatically awarded to a
contributor (based on fedmsg activity).

Up to now, I've been keeping all these badges in the ansible repo;
ansible copies them into /usr/share/badges on the managed node.

You can find the ones I have so far here:
  http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/infra/ansible/roles/badges-backend/files/badges/

I need to get them out of the ansible repo.  There's going to be too
many of them, and we're going to be iterating on them and changing
them often.  I was thinking of creating another git repo on lockbox at
/git/badges/ for this.

In the longrun though, we want contributors from every corner of the
community to contribute new badge ideas (come up with some artwork,
make their own yaml definition -- and make it real).  We'll have a
process for debating and vetting new badges.

GitHub's pull request work flow could be a good fit here.  It would
however set a new precedent for our degree of integration with gh.com.
Any thoughts?