Where to keep the badges repo?

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Mon Jun 17 19:27:49 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 12:47:44PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Yeah, I could see github's flow being nice here for proposing new
> badges, etc... but somehow it feels strange to me to directly depend on
> them in this way.

Ricky E had some good points in channel which I'll re-post here for
posterity:

  re: using github for badges, I think it'd be neat if we could get to that
  point (but like nirik said, probably something to talk about after the
  freeze).  I'm wondering if we        couldn't either 1) Just have a cron pull
  the badges files from github every few hours, or 2) Set up a tiny POST hook
  listener from github and pull based on that.

  In either of those cases, we have a local copy of the repo, since we're just
  pulling from github

  if github goes down, we still have a copy of it for use in infra.

> So, I guess I'd say lets do a lockbox01 repo for now, and reevaluate
> after freeze is over?

Agreed.  I've setup a lockbox01 repo for now.