freeze break: puppetmaster update

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Wed Jun 19 17:46:45 UTC 2013

Hi Kevin,

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> I have updated the puppet-server on lockbox01 with a build patched to
> fix http://puppetlabs.com/security/cve/cve-2013-3567/
> Since this was a security issue, I went ahead and just did it.
>
> Hopefully we will see updated epel rpms soon, but this should hold us
> for now. Please do report any issues you see with puppet after this
> update.

As I haven't had any time yet to work on backporting the patches, I'd
be curious to know how well the patching went and if you can post the
patch somewhere (perhaps even in the bugzilla entry for others that
want to apply it before we get packages into EPEL)?

Thanks,

In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the
universe.
      -- Carl Sagan, Cosmos