Setting up GitLab for fedorahosted.org

Axilleas Pipinellis axilleas at archlinux.gr
Sat Mar 2 02:44:39 UTC 2013

Greetings from a newly registered member!

I've seen the 'GSoC @ Infra' thread but I didn't want to hijack it nor
do I know how to reply to a thread through mailman...

I will be applying for GSoC this summer and GitLab is my first priority
as I have been using it since version 2 and I want to contribute in any
way I can. I have been talking with Vit Ondruch about the packaging
procedure and I just sent a mail [0] to the ruby-sig list too, regarding
this.

I have also read last year's discussion [1] and it was made clear by Dan
Allen [2] that besides the whole implementation thing, it is as
important to find some people that will maintain the project longterm.
And I am willing to do this. I don't know if it is possible for more
than one person to work on a project during GSoC, but another fellow is
interested in this as well [3]. So, now we are two :p

This should be very interesting and I am looking forward to hearing from
the infra team :)

Regards,

Axilleas

[0]