Request for a HyperKitty instance for an early adopter (Arquillian)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Mar 3 17:20:09 UTC 2013

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 13:22:26 +0100
Dan Allen <dan.j.allen at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Arquillian project [1] would like to volunteer to be an early
> adopter of HyperKitty. We are looking to shift from forums to
> mailinglists, but not lose a user-friendly web frontend for folks
> just browsing for information.
>
> We're writing to this list because we think that Fedora and Arquillian
> share a common goal to see HyperKitty evolve. We can offer to hack on
> it and promote it if Fedora infrastructure would be willing to give
> us a space to run a public instance of it. (We're also Fedora users,
> of course).
>
> We know about mm3test.fedoraproject.org, but we're hoping to be able
> to point discuss.arquillian.org at to the installation (CNAME
> support).
>
> We plan to actively work on HyperKitty to improve the functionality
> and user experience. Therefore, we'd like to request a dedicated
> instance to give us the flexibility to experiment as much as needed
> without having to worry about disrupting the other lists running on
> it. In other words, we want to be bleeding edge for a while :)
>
> Let us know whether this seems like a good fit. Although we are
> separate communities, I think the common goal of moving HyperKitty
> forward gives us good reason to work together. Plus, we're really
> eager to see HyperKitty get used for Fedora lists too.

We are just now setting up a lists-dev.cloud.fedoraproject.org instance
to use for more development/testing. ;)

We should be able to setup a list for you to test things out with and
help with the development. I'm not sure I would say you should fully
switch to using this list full time, but it should be good enough to
test/devel things. ;)

Hopefully we will have that up in the next week and can look at getting
you setup with a test list there. I would think a CNAME would work out,
but we will have to test and make sure we can handle that config
well. ;)

Thanks for offering to help us out... I am really looking forward to
widespread deployment of hyperkitty. I think it could end up being a
really important improvement in helping communities communicate.