Ask Fedora enhancements and fixes

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 20:13:57 UTC 2013

Hi

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> Can you send me your scratch build link again? And I can try it out in
> stg? I looked and somehow got the wrong link and couldn't find your
> scratch build... ;(

I have kicked off another build at

> * Enable sub groups aka meta.ask.fedoraproject.org
> >
> > We need to test this in the staging instance first
>
> Does that also need django 1.4?

I am not sure.  CC'ing Evgeny

I really don't want to do that. It means another place that keeps user
> private data, another place we have to manage for password resets, etc.

Right.  That was my impression as well and very few users have ever asked
for it but my original goal was to open it up for anonymous questions (with
a requirement for a user to enter just their email address ala
StackExchange).  The problem at that time was spam controls in askbot was
very weak but they are better now.   In particular, there is a setting that
prevents users with low karma value from posting external links or
uploading images and block ip addresses.   Perhaps we can enable this for a
limited time period.

Rahul