New Fedora openid provider (fas-openid) in service

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 05:22:19 UTC 2013

I think that Raul is talking about the code being hosted on github.

Nothing in fedora infrastructure is proprietary.  And nothing that the user
gets when interacting with our websites is proprietary.  But github is
certainly proprietary and we are hosting some of our code there (just like
many other open source projects).  If that seems like something that we
wouldn't have done previously then you could see it as a change in policy.

However, we've never attempted to check if our developers are coding in a
proprietary ide or using a non-free os to connect to infrastructure.  We've
never frowned on people hosting their own code that we use in fedora on
sourceforge, github, or other propriety hosting.  So in that manner, it
doesn't seem like a big leap to start hosting code that we maintain solely
for infrastructure there as well. (And to be even more fair, the openid
server that puiterwijk wrote is probably a good starting point for other
sites wanting an openid server of their own.  So hosting it on github has
the potential to bring more committers to it.)

-Toshio