New Fedora openid provider (fas-openid) in service

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 05:56:16 UTC 2013

Hi

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 12:22 AM, Toshio Kuratomi  wrote:

> I think that Raul is talking about the code being hosted on github.

Yep.  I should have been more explicit there i guess

> Nothing in fedora infrastructure is proprietary.  And nothing that the
> user gets when interacting with our websites is proprietary.  But github is
> certainly proprietary and we are hosting some of our code there (just like
> many other open source projects).  If that seems like something that we
> wouldn't have done previously then you could see it as a change in policy.

I would say so since this appears to be the first time that Fedora
infrastructure developed app is hosted in github.

> However, we've never attempted to check if our developers are coding in a
> proprietary ide or using a non-free os to connect to infrastructure.  We've
> never frowned on people hosting their own code that we use in fedora on
> sourceforge, github, or other propriety hosting.

As a side note, sourceforge is no longer using proprietary code.
http://sourceforge.net/blog/allura-incubator/  I have been looking to
package that for Fedora as well.   In any case,  if this was a deliberate
decision to use github, thats fine.  A mirror in gitorious might be
recommended by policy.   Just a suggestion.

Rahul