Anonymized access log from a fedora mirror

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Fri May 3 15:00:45 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 08:43:15AM -0400, Pablo Iranzo Gómez wrote:
> Hi, Not sure from our side, but Debian has always a package
> "popularity-contest", which automatically submitted packages to make
> those list of recommended packages.

Hello, yes this is other approach to the problem. The main drawback is
we would need to maintain another server-side system to gather those
data.

Maybe I could extend the scope and do both, or one student could pick up
popularity-contest one. We will discuss this if there is any interest.

> Maybe it will require some information from legal team, but from the
> initiative part, it sounds good :)

Definitely.

Thanks for comments!

--