Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Andrew Harms (aharms)

Andrew Harms drewjharms at gmail.com
Mon May 20 18:59:14 UTC 2013

   - Name: Andrew Harms (aharms)
   - Time Zone / Country: Central (CST), United States
   - Why you're joining: To learn, improve and prove my sysadmin skills.
   - How much time you can contribute (usually hours per week): Minimum of
   five hours per week on weekdays. My weekends change frequently because of
   my work schedule (currently working overnight shift) but I'd like to
   contribute extra hours on the weekend as well when I can.
   - IRC handle: framew0rk
   - What skills I have to offer and which ones I would like to learn: I
   can offer junior systems administration skills and a strong desire to
   succeed and be challenged. I also have a smaller homelab and a few VPS' to
   use for testing. I'd like to learn more about general Linux administration,
   scripting (Python/bash) and Puppet.
   - What you would like to work on and quite possibly which you would like
   to help resolve: I'd like to be a part of the fi-apprentice group since I'm
   just (pretty much) starting out. I have practiced sysadmin scenarios in my
   own test environment. I would like to help resolve ticket #2984 (Add CNames
   for each applications' db and update configs) if there is still work to be
   done, or ticket #3736 (add some nagios monitoring for builders).

I'd also like to get a sponsor. Let me know! I'm looking forward to this.

- Andrew