Freeze break request: move staging improvements to production for askbot

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Fri May 24 02:27:16 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-05-23 at 11:59 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Given that askbot isn't critical to getting a release out the only
> part that
> worries me is the database update.
>
> if it's  tested in stg, sounds okay to me, though.

Yep. I was worried that the database update might explode, but it seemed
to work just right on the staging server so I wouldn't expect it to be
any different over on the production one. I won't know until I try it
out though.

I could backup the db, just to be on the safe side. Is there a fixed
method infra follows for db backups (django db in this case)?
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Please only print if necessary.