areas where we can invest in automation?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue May 28 13:49:03 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 08:33:22 -0400,
   Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>I was asked (with my Red Hat hat on) to put together a little report on
>areas in Fedora which could be improved with an investment in better
>automation. From what I'm working on myself, I'm aware of the gigantic need
>in the cloud images production process, and I've been keeping an eye on Tim
>Flink's autoqa revamp ideas. I expect there are others, because I know from
>my previous jobs that there's always a balance between building
>condiment-passing machines and just _passing the salt_. [1] Are there other
>things which could be made better if only someone came up with the spare
>time and resources to do the work?

If we are willing to have packages being signed, just mean they were built
with koji, we could have a tool that could doing the signing so that
packages could move from pending to testing or updates without human
intervention and with the same key being used for all koji (non-scratch)
builds, hard links could be used to save space on the mirrors for packages
that appear in multiple repos.