areas where we can invest in automation?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue May 28 18:08:17 UTC 2013

Off the top of my head:

- I would LOVE to have the nightly-compose stuff automated. I just
  never get time to work on it. Ideally it would just be part of
  rawhide or branched compose scripts, run the builds, generate a nice
  web page that has FAILED or OK or whatever on it, as well as sending
  a report to the devel/test lists with things like packages added,
  packages removed, size change, etc.

- For that matter I know Dennis has wanted a compose app for a long
  time that would be better than our current cron jobs to compose
  branched/rawhide/testcomposes/release candidates. Such an app could
  continue to provide email reports, but could also have a dashboard so
  you could see what was what and view logs easily, etc.

- Longer term/down the road, it would be nice if koji had cloud
  awareness. Instead of having a static pool of builders preallocated,
  if it could just talk to a openstack cloud or something and ask for a
  instance, wait for it, use it, terminate it.

Kevin