datanommer/datagrepper upgrade status

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Tue Oct 1 17:06:23 UTC 2013

busgateway01.stg is running fedmsg 0.7.0 and datanommer 0.6.0.

datagrepper01.stg is running fedmsg 0.7.0 and datagrepper 0.2.1.

As far as I know, the rest of staging is stlil running an earlier
version of fedmsg, and we should attempt to upgrade the rest of staging
to make sure there aren't any issues with 0.7.0.

datagrepper 0.2.1 is running perfectly except for an SELinux denial,
which occurs when the WSGI process tries to publish a fedmsg message.
The AVC message is:

node=10.5.126.67 type=AVC msg=audit(1380646727.079:916): avc:  denied  { write } for  pid=11948 comm="httpd" path="anon_inode:[eventfd]" dev=anon_inodefs ino=3660 scontext=system_u:system_r:httpd_t:s0 tcontext=system_u:object_r:anon_inodefs_t:s0 tclass=file

We checked into it on IRC a few days ago and there's not a boolean
available to handle this, so how do we handle SELinux policies in puppet
or ansible? (And do we want to submit this upstream?)

(I need to split out the web application and the job runner in puppet
still, but that should get done within the next couple of hours.)

--
Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>