yum updates and ansible managed hosts

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 19:03:21 UTC 2013

Currently, with puppet we have a cron job that has puppet client check in
and decide whether the host it's running on needs to have any of its
configuration changed.  This is not the case with our ansible deployment.
Until someone writes the equivalent cron job and we deploy it we'll need to
remember the following:

* Changes to config need to manually be pushed out to hosts (most people
  know to do this anyhow)
* When we update a package on a host, we need to have ansible reconfigure
  the host.  This takes care of the case where the rpm overwrites some of
  our configuration or hotfixes need to be applied (note that you should
  remove obsoleted hotfixes before running ansible ;-)

Ticket for writing the cron job:
* https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/4045

-Toshio