Proxy header for SSL

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 01:43:23 UTC 2013

On Oct 4, 2013 6:00 AM, <Matt_Domsch at dell.com> wrote:

> Doesn’t it have to be done by whatever terminates the initial http or
https session (in our case, Apache)?  Otherwise, Apache would have to
somehow convey the information it knows to HAProxy in some fashion.  May as
well just do it in Apache as suggested.

Yeah, if it's autodetected. But this setting might just be us selecting the
protocol that we know it is coming in on.  If so it probably makes sense to
choose where to set this according to where we'll remember to look if we
change something.

Fwiw, I think we have been seeing this in app configuration up to now.
(The app substitutes the correct value based on its configuration file
instead of on an apache header... which we have to manually set inside an
apache config file.)

-Toshio