Arm in Fedora cloud?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Oct 14 21:04:56 UTC 2013

On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 09:42:02 +0200
Miroslav Suchý <msuchy at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is is possible to get arm VM from Fedora Cloud. If not native, then
> at least emulated on x86 machine?

So, we have no arm vm's. (All our arm stuff are real hardware SOC
(server on chip)).

The Cloud is also network wise completely seperated from the rest of
our network. We also have until recently not been able to seperate out
network per SOC, only per arm chassis (24SOCs). We just recently got a
firmware update that might let us do this however.

As for emulated, we might be able to make some image that runs
qemu-arm? Not sure at all if that would work... also since we don't do
emulated anywhere else it might not be as useful as real hardware.

In an ideal world, I'd love to get a single SOC using a seperate
network and let copr/cloud talk to it for both eth0 and it's mgmt
interface. Then copr could reinstall it before each build, config and
build with it like a cloud instance. Unfortunately we aren't there yet
in terms of firewalls and uplinks and such.