Freeze Break Request - Fixing Blocker Proposal in Blockerbugs App

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Sat Sep 7 20:11:13 UTC 2013

On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 16:35:14 -0700
Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 5, 2013 1:09 PM, "Tim Flink" <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > A bug was filed the other day claiming that it was impossible to
> > propose bugs as FE or blockers in the blockerbugs app. I have a fix
> > ready that's already deployed to stg and I'd like to move it into
> > prod.
> >
> > After some triage today, it turns out that there were selinux
> > denials on httpd writing to a cookiefile which is required by
> > python-bugzilla and used as part doing the actual proposal.
> >
> > The fix is in three places:
> >  - the package was modified to create a directory for the cookiefile
> >    that has appropriate permissions and selinux context so that the
> >    proposal works.
> >
> >  - the code was modified to have a better default cookie location
> > when the app is in production mode
> >

> Note: unless python-bugzilla is broken again you should be able to
> disable storing the cookie on the filesystem.  Since the app needs
> access to a bz username and password this is probably the best thing
> to do.
>
> -Toshio

yeah, that's a much better fix than what I was doing. Every other
python-bugzilla login in the app doesn't use a cookie, it's just the
one for proposing blockers.

I tested that fix today and it seems to work but I didn't end up doing
another release yesterday. I'll do it over the weekend or on Monday and
submit another freeze break request.

Thanks,

Tim