Migrating to our own bugzilla instance.

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Tue Sep 17 09:44:33 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 08:24:58AM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I think it's time that we start putting some effort into both
> discussing and migrating away from sharing bugzilla instance with
> Red Hat.

This is indeed a big question that has been in the air for some time without
any real conclusion reached.
Since you're speaking about, I assume you know about:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Fedora_bug_tracker

If you have any inputs/ideas feel free to share them, we have already discussed
more than once about it but so far the disadvantages and work implied have
out-weight the advantages.

One of the big point being the definition of who is "we" in your sentence.

> For the first should we migrate all issues from the RH bugzilla to
> keep history or should we simply declare a flag day and from that
> point on everybody will be using the new bug tracker
>
> Secondly do people have any option on which bug tracker we should
> migrate to as in should we stick to mozilla's bugzilla or should we
> use something else?

You do realize that here you're speaking about migration w/o knowing to what
will be the migration? Seems like the reverse order to me.

Pierre