Some question\Ideas Wiki Admin?

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Wed Sep 18 10:31:02 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:35:49AM +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
> This didn't seem to fit the trac-ticket system.
>
> Some question\Ideas
>
> Following on member(s) that may have left the project
> and\or sub-group(s).
>
> I am getting delivery failure on *@fp.o email aliases.
> Is that a good indicator of someone having left the fp.o?

It only indicates that the email the fp.o alias points to is not valid the
question being is this a definite state or just a hick up of the mail server.

> How can it be made certain\ is certainty possible?

The only way would be to manage to contact the person by another way (other
email or other mean) to ask them, but that's not an easy thing to do.
The account can then be marked as inactive in FAS (we do not delete accounts).

> If so, are they auto removed from fp.o
> Old wiki user pages?
> Content can be cleared,
> can old stuff be deleted?

There is no automated way to do them and to there are a number of case where I
am not sure we would like to.
I do not see the harm in keeping old user pages.
Outdated content can be updated/adjusted as needed, being old isn't a valid
reason to delete a page though (imho).

Just my thoughts :)

Pierre